January 17th, 2011

New Year, New Changes, New Job?

As you might recall almost three years ago I injured my back in a car accident and wound up losing my job.  My job was to drive and I wasnt physically able to drive (you may recall from my previous posts) I have been unemployed ever since.  Its not for a lack of trying, ok maybe it was for a little while during my first year of transition due to extreme hormone levels and low self esteem.  But never the less I was actively looking but finding work as a transgender in her first year of transition... well people werent as receptive as we'd all like.  Next month (February 2nd) is my first year of transition (hormone replacement therapy) anniversary/birthday.  With this last year gone by and the hormones have made drastic changes I not only look as I should but I feel wonderful!  So this brings me to the good news that I have been dieing to tell you.  I got a job!!

Ok dont get to excited its only with Wal-mart and its a minimum wage entry position, but its a job!  A fresh start and my first job I have ever had (as a woman), gosh I hope I dont get to friendly at work and tell any of my co-workers of my blog.  See I tend to over share and I get overly friendly, not in a weird way just a happy-go-lucky way.  Anyways so I am 34 and its my first job more or less so its a great start! I feel like a teenager again, but thats probably just the hormones getting me all giddy.

I already did the drug test and am now just waiting for orientation to start, wish me luck because I need it, I have a long ways financially till I can afford my SRS and I needed it done a year ago.  Well thats all for now, love yas!

Sara

0 comments:

 
Eternal Whispers: a gender change story © Saraphiene Haldritch 2010