May 14th, 2010

[Insert inspirational phrase]

I know its been a couple days since my last post talking about the hurdle I was having to redo and wait to see if my therapist would take the appropriate steps to finish what we started.  I was very confident he was going to be added to the dmv list, there is no professional reason not to, however he choose not to.  He claimed his supervisor wouldnt let him, which the only way that would be true let alone up to a supervisor is if my therapist wasnt actually licensed and was earning credit hours from a supervisor, or if he had some sort of discimination issue.  I may not ever know which was the true reason for him choosing to see a gender dysphoric patient but unwilling to follow the law (harry benjarmin international standard of care).

At anyrate I politely asked for my money back from the first session since not only did he not do anything during the session other then learn from what I was telling him about gender dysphoria (he hardly even knew what it was, I had to explain the difference between transgender and transvestite to him).  Of coarse he refused to refund the session until I contacted an attorney then he very politely backed down and offered me my money back minus the $36 fee he pays the clinic per patient.  Apparently group or organization therapists are very similar to strippers, they pay to perform at the building and then get money for services rendered.  Personally if the productivity of a therapist gets as little accomplished as a stripper does I'd rather go see the stripper.

Anyways I took the list of approved therapists from the DMV and emailed every single one of them, explaining my situation, what my therapist did and what I still needed to do.  Within minutes I recieved a response from one of them and within the next couple days every single one of them responded.  They all seemed to be in concensus about my last therapist having either legality issues (not being licensed) or discrimination issues.  All of the 30 therapists I contacted were compassionate and willing to help, most only required seeing me at least once to write my DMV letter, which would cost $120 - $215 for that session.  One of them decreased the fee to $30 since I was unemployed, and two others were willing to help me for free to right the unjustice and ease the difficulty this transition bares on its carrier (me).

Filled with love and greatfullness I am estatic to say that tomorrow I am going back down to the dmv (for the 4th time) to have my licensed fixed stating the correct sex (F).  For defimination purposes I will not name my old therapist for I dont wish his practice any negative impacts but I will note that if your in a small/smaller town its worth the extra few dollars to drive to a very large city to see someone then it is to stay local and camble your money away with biggots.  I'll post more soon, love yas!

0 comments:

 
Eternal Whispers: a gender change story © Saraphiene Haldritch 2010