May 18th, 2010


"Congradulations, It's a girl!"


On May 18th, 2010 at 9:00am pst in salem oregon I was pronounced officially and legally female!!  All the obsticles and hurdles before me may have slowed me down but never stopped me, I am now as I will always be...a woman.  With this last legal obsticle/hurdle complete I can now apply for a new job as I am currently unemployed.  Now I will be hired as the woman I should have always been and will always be,  this is a monumentus day for me.  It's been long in the making and I've spent many years of anguish awaiting this day, and now that its here.. I could not be happier!

To all those whom did not think this was real, or that this was a phase... I have nothing more to say since I already said it to begin with.  I do however want to say something else, something important, while my journey isnt finished and I still have a ways to go.  I've always told my kids that they could be anything they wanted to be, until this year (January 1st, 2010) when I began my transition, I was nothing more then a liar and a hypocrit.  I told my children something I personally did not live by or believe.  As of this day I am now living proof that you can actually be anything you want to be.. including whole.  I am now whole, I feel as if half of me that was mising all my life is now with me.  I breath deeply and feel the air fill my lungs as I have never felt before.  The world is brighter and the colors are more viberant, I love my life!

0 comments:

 
Eternal Whispers: a gender change story © Saraphiene Haldritch 2010