August 20th, 2010

The Greatest Roller-Coaster,
...you don't want to be on.

Mood swings, we've all had them but have we had them all? It seems like a silly statement but its really closer to the truth then we'd like.  As I go through my transition I have noticed drastic mood swings.  Days where I am happy and cheerful, days where I am crabby and quick tempered, and then the worst days... the days I am depressed.  Any number of things can effect our mood swings and those going through a similar transition will notice the drastic increase of mood swings. 

In short they aren't fun but they do play a vital role on our development but the difficult thing is how to deal with them.  When multiple woman live together their bodies start to grow in sync, between menstruating to lactating.  Since my transition I have noticed my body creating menstrual symptoms that show up a day to days before my wife's does and on some occasions days after instead of before.  I get more moody and its extremely obvious, I retain water, cramps, and migraines.  While I don't bleed because I don't have a uterus (yet! one day technology will advance to uteran transplants!) I still exhibit all signs of having a period.

So with these mood swings due to hormone levels I've started taking some precautions, it sounds funny almost like a werewolf but hang around me on my worst days and you wont think the werewolf mentality is far from the truth.  So lets call it Weregirl mode, mainly because a Weregirl isn't as scary as a Werewolf, anyways back on subject.  When these mood swings happen and then when they are over I look back and think "why did I do that?", "did I really say that?"  Its very much like a Werewolf, some vicious beast taking over. 

Now its really not THAT bad but I'm a drama queen so let me live in my own little world and exaggerate things a little.  When these mood swings start coming on I take little precautions, mostly small things to prevent me from being irrational such as any large decision making.  When I'm a Weregirl I refuse to buy anything and try to avoid emotional situations with people I care about.  When it comes to emotional conflict such as what someone said I try and write it down or push it aside so that I can shrug it off and wait till the next day (or week depending on how long the mood swing is).  Then when I am no longer a Weregirl I can look at the situation and deal with it properly, especially emotional conflict or purchases, because nothing makes a girl feel better then shopping or chocolate and usually in that order.

So for all us Weregirls out there, its a wild roller coaster ride and while we may not enjoy the downs.. hold on tight because the ups will make you scream with joy!

Love,
   Sara

0 comments:

 
Eternal Whispers: a gender change story © Saraphiene Haldritch 2010