April 19th, 2010

My Secret Self

Today I stumbled apon a wonderful transgender workplace support site called Transworkplace.  You can go their simply by clicking their name I just linked.  Anyways within this site I found a plethora of information as most importantly this 20/20 video by Barbara Walters called "My Secret Self".  The description below the video on the transworkplace site mentioned something about crying, let me elaborate on that... When you see this video if you understand what transgenderism is, if you are transgender or love someone who is.... You... wil....cry.  I started crying when Jaz, the first little girl started singing but then continued crying through each family they showed, specifically Jeremy. 

Jeremy's story touched me the most because I was able to relate to him the most.  Jeremy was a female to male transgender, now although I am male to female, what I related with was the emotions... the darkness.. the cutting.  This is a 5 part video by 20/20, its about 40 minutes long total and well well worth seeing no matter who you are.  I am posting it here because of how profoundly important it is to me, I will also be adding it to the "Transpirationally Loved" page as well.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

20/20 "My Secret Self" Part 1 of 5

20/20 "My Secret Self" Part 2 of 5
20/20 "My Secret Self" Part 3 of 5
20/20 "My Secret Self" Part 4 of 5
20/20 "My Secret Self" Part 5 of 5

0 comments:

 
Eternal Whispers: a gender change story © Saraphiene Haldritch 2010