April 1st, 2010

Laser Hair Removal Appointment

Well this will be my first dated entry, ironic its on april fools. Somehow today just didnt feel funny. I had my second laser hair removal appointment today, I was very excited because it needs to get done but mostly, the more often I do these the less I will have to do in the future. They are kind of expensive at $150.00 per session times 8 sessions to fully remove all facial hair, but they are important and a stepping stone in my "rite of passage". A friend of mine named Jason told me that today when I told him what happened. He said to think of it like a rite of passage, how badly I wanted all of this. Let me explain what happened:

Ok well aside from my emotions being on a roller coaster since I have been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) over 3 months ago (February 10th to be exact), I've been quite sensitive. Well anyways I went to my appointment and as informed last time (February 4th) each session would hurt less because there is less hair folicals to "zap". Oh a side note; the nurse that does my sessions looks like a prettier and younger version of Sandra Bullock, one might say she's nearly a clone in resemblence (in a really good way, I happen to LOVE Sandra Bullock).

Anyways so I lay down and she begins, each time she moves the laser its a body thrashing convulsion of pain. It really rather shocks you how powerful the laser is. To give you an example its like getting a tattoo on your face and neck x 4 in pain, I've had tattoo's done (an armband on my left arm of an unborn baby wrapped and cradled with flowering ivy). As she continued the pain got worse and worse, towards the end I had tears running down my face. I have never cried from pain before, not once, usually when I'm in immense pain i'll moan and grown but never actually cry. I guess thats a true sign that the estrogen is working, I really am changing...

After the appointment I quickly left to my car and drove home crying prefusively the whole way. At this point it wasnt so much from the remaining residual pain but from an emotional crash of me wondering how this is all fair... why anyone should have to go through this. Essentially I was cussing god out wanting to know why I had to endure so much pain to fix a birth defect I had no control over.

Once I got home I tried to avoid my wife so she wouldnt see my face all red and puffy but as close as she and I are, that didnt happen. I cried on her shoulder for another 30 minutes before I was able to maintain composure. Well that was my day of tears, it seems to be happening alot more frequent now but thats to be expected. I am absolutly in love with what I am doing, I couldnt be happier and I do not have a single doubt, even with the anguish I go through, both physical and mental.

0 comments:

 
Eternal Whispers: a gender change story © Saraphiene Haldritch 2010