April 8th, 2010

Changing the name on my license

Well today was suppose to be a big day for me.  I was so excited, see I was suppose to go with my wife to our friend's house for a total makeover and to really gussy me up because afterwards I was going to the DMV to get my license renewed in my new name "Saraphiene Haldritch".  Last month on the 30th my legal name change document was approved and signed by a judge at the courthouse making my new name official.   Just before we left this morning I had a strange feeling I was missing something I needed, to get my license renewed. I checked for my social security card, a certified copy of my name change, my old non expired license.. I checked everything but some reason I just had to call the DMV and check to make sure.

Its a good thing I did because apparently Oregon DMV changes its laws on an hourly basis or something.. not really but it felt that way.  Apparently now to renew a non expired license you have to bring in everything you did when you first got the license such as birth certificate.  Well normally thats still not a problem except for the fact I cant find mine and now I have to order a new one before I can get my license renewed.  Which means another 10-18 days wait for the mail, then well license renewals are getting rediculously expensive, mine is supposidly between $100-$150 (class B commercial license).. why oh why was I a school bus driver?  Oh well now I have to wait an entire month to go through this hoop again because I cant afford both a new birth certificate and a license renewal all this month due to being unemployed.  That and I cant get a job until I get my new license.. gotta love a catch 22.

So the make over was canceled and my depression and anxiety is back up, no matter what it is something always seems to get in the way.  And for those reading this.. dont you dare think or comment its a sign, because its not.  It's just one of my "trials and tribulations" for my "Rite of Passage", it just shows how badly I want this and when I succeed each step I know I earned it.  I just wish the rest of the world saw it, how hard and how much we go through for this.  My heart goes out to all of us that are going through this.. it is not an easy path, but one that's very well deserved.

0 comments:

 
Eternal Whispers: a gender change story © Saraphiene Haldritch 2010